Choice of fund

You can usually choose the super fund you want your employer contributions paid into. If you’re eligible to choose a fund, your employer must give you a Standard Choice form.

You may not be eligible to choose a super fund if you are:

  • paid under a state award or industrial agreement
  • paid under certain workplace agreements
  • a federal or state public sector employee (excluded by law or regulation)
  • employed in some defined benefit funds.

From 1 January 2014, if you don’t choose your own super fund, your employer will pay contributions into a fund with a MySuper product. More information on a choice of fund is here.